Things that have lately made me go, “Hmmmmm….”
1) Nadya Suleman – Is it just me or does it look like she had collagen put into her lips? Good to see that those disability payments are being put to good use. Honestly.
Speaking of getting work done..
2) Grammy Awards – Nicole Kidman and Alison Krauss. Show me an expression, any expression. P-p-p-poker face indeed. By the way, does this award show have any relevance? Even though I enjoyed the performances of Radiohead, Justin Timberlake/Al Green, and Jennifer Hudson, the show itself was pretty boring. I didn’t even know that Robert Plant had collaborated with Alison Krauss. Despite their efforts to be hip and edgy, the academy still insists on picking winners who are safe and predictable. I do give kudos to the organizers who were able to scrounge around and get fill-ins for Chris Brown and Rihanna.
Speaking of which..
3) Chris Brown/Rihanna – Let’s suspend judgement on what actually happened. Nothing has been confirmed yet. But, I must admit that I am waiting with bated breath to see how this plays out. Yes, I’m rubber-necking. But, they’re saying that she gave him herpes! You can’t make this stuff up.
Sorry, I have no segue-way.
4) Michael Phelps – Twice the lung capacity of the average adult means twice the amount of smoke that can be inhaled. Is there a Bong Olympics somewhere?
5) Chelsey “Sully” Sullenberger – One word… overkill. Yes, what he did was great and heroic. A miracle? No. It was the culmination of experience and training that enabled him to do what he did. Don’t forget, he also didn’t do it alone. The crew did a fantastic job too. They should be commended as well. By the way, what about the pilots out there who don’t crash? Shouldn’t they be honoured? Shouldn’t they get a spotlight on “60 Minutes” ? And, Sully seems to be doing a lot of appearances. Doesn’t he have a job to do? Like, flying a plane?
There are other things occupying my brain. But, I need to sneak a shower in while my son is asleep. Ta.