I found this.
10 lists to make before you die
1. 10 people who most helped me in my life – Each of us meet people as we go through life. Many of them help us or have an influence upon us. Sometimes we may not realise their influence at the time. Quite often we forget or do not get a chance to thank them. This list is an opportunity to acknowledge those people and to express your thanks.
2. 10 most memorable places I visited – It does not matter whether it is your neighbor’s yard, the top of a mountain or an ancient site. Just list the 10 places that have been most memorable to you.
3. 3 best things I ever made – Some of us are more creative than others. For the less creative among us it is easy to forget the things we made. For the more creative perhaps it can be difficult to choose our top three. It does not matter whether it is simply a shelf you put up or a flower garden you planted or maybe a meal you cooked. Give yourself recognition for having contributed in some way.
4. 5 best days in my life – Some days may clearly stand out, a wedding day for example or children’s births. Give yourself the time to reflect upon 5 days that really meant something for you.
5. 10 best friends I ever had – Some of your friends may still be with you, others may now be far away and some may, sadly, no longer be alive. This is an opportunity to recall those friends, say what their friendship has meant for you and thank them for their friendship.
6. 5 best journeys I ever made – In some ways this may link to number 2 but sometimes not. After all, it is often said that it is better to travel than to arrive. This is an chance to recall those journeys that made an impression upon you, maybe because they were adventurous or maybe because of the people you travelled with or maybe the things you saw on the way.
7. 10 things that gave me most pleasure – We all have things, things given to us as gifts, things we buy ourselves and things we find. Some of these things just come and go and are forgotten about. But other things make an impression upon us for some reason, maybe their beauty, maybe their cost, maybe because of the circumstances in which they came into our possession. Here is a chance to identify the best things you ever had and to say why.
8. 5 best books/movies/TV series in my lifetime – Some people may be able to list more than 5 of course and why not? Here though try to list your top 5 and see if you can give reasons for your choice. You can pick and mix any of the art forms if you wish. This is an opportunity to acknowledge that art and literature can have an effect upon your life.
9. 5 best gifts anyone ever gave me – This again may link to number 7, but here we are looking at things that were given to you. There are two aspects of gifts; the gift itself and the person giving the gift. Try to recall not only the gift but also who gave it to you and why it was one of the best for you.
10. 10 Things I wish I had done but didn’t – This may seem a strange one to end with. But the idea is not to get sorrowful and look at regrets or lost opportunities. This is to be a list of things that others could do well to take note of so that they too do not miss out. It can also be an opportunity to express hidden dreams and talents. You never know, it may not be too late to do at least one of them!
I thought it was a great idea. So, I’m gonna try to take each list and post them separately. I’ve written about lists in a previous blogs.
https://tinyyetmighty.wordpress.com/2009/01/08/reading-list/ https://tinyyetmighty.wordpress.com/2008/12/31/year-end-round-up/ https://tinyyetmighty.wordpress.com/2008/12/17/theres-a-hole-in-my-bucket/ https://tinyyetmighty.wordpress.com/2008/12/15/the-list/
But, these are truly great ones to make. They’ll make you think, laugh, cry, and learn something about yourself. At least, I hope so.
So there you are, 10 lists to write before you die .. what do you think?